Date: Thursday, September 28, 2017
Time: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CT
SBS Presenter: Chad Knutson
Description: The 2015 FFIEC Cybersecurity Assessment guidance introduced a new term for our risk management practice: External Dependency Management. We will explore this new area of guidance and better understand the requirements provided. There is clear relation to more familiar terms we have leveraged in the past such as vendor management, service provider oversight, and third party management. All of these tie together in the FFIEC term, along with requirements around customer relationships.
What you will learn:
- The current regulatory vendor management landscape
- Integrating vendor management into the Information Security Program
- Risk assessing your vendors
- New vendor or product Selection
- Ongoing vendor management
- Creating a DYNAMIC vendor management program
- Integration of customer relationships into risk management process
Who should attend? Information Security Officer, IT Manager, Risk Officer, Internal Auditor, Board members, or other management team members responsible for vendor management
Presented in partnership with GSB.
Hacker Hour webinars are a series of free webinars hosted by SBS CyberSecurity. Unlike paid webinars, Hacker Hours are aimed to meet on a monthly basis to discuss cybersecurity issues and trends in an open format. Attendees are encouraged to join the conversation and get their questions answered. SBS will also offer products and services to help financial institutions with these specific issues.