North Carolina Online: Certified Banking Security Manager
Start Date: September 19, 2019
Delivery: Online, Self-paced. Allowed 10 weeks to complete.
Duration: 12.5 Lecture Hours / 8 Lab Exercises / Final Exam
Certification Price: $1,295
Description: We are partnering with the North Carolina Bankers Association to offer the Certified Banking Security Manager virtual certification. This certification is self-paced, with a launch date of September 19. Attendees will be given a roster of all participants to allow for peer discussion and networking while taking the course. Total allowed time to complete the course is ten weeks and culminates with an exam to achieve the certification.
This course will assist you in maturing and managing your information security program to meet cybersecurity and regulatory expectations. The resources and exercises available with this course will help you develop valuable material to take back to your institution.
Watch a short video from the instructor for a more detailed description of the course.
- U.S. Information Security Laws and Regulations
- Information Security Program Components
- Security Awareness Programs
- IT Audit
- Social Engineering
- Preparing for your IT Examinations
- Running Effective IT and Audit Committees
- Understand how to successfully implement and manage each component of your information security program.
- Access to a library of over 50 cybersecurity resources including FFIEC handbooks, best practice standards, example processes, and guidance.
- Boost your knowledge of layered security programs.
- Gain confidence in your decision making with comprehensive cybersecurity knowledge.
Instructor: Chad Knutson, CISSP, CRISC, CISA
President, SBS Institute
Who should register: ISO, Auditor, IT Manager, Compliance, Security Officer, Operations Officer
Renewal Information: A $295 annual membership fee and 4 hours of continual educational credits are required to keep the CBVM designation.
Hacker Hour webinars are a series of free webinars hosted by SBS CyberSecurity. Unlike paid webinars, Hacker Hours are aimed to meet on a monthly basis to discuss cybersecurity issues and trends in an open format. Attendees are encouraged to join the conversation and get their questions answered. SBS will also offer products and services to help financial institutions with these specific issues.