The FFIEC Cybersecurity Assessment guidance has introduced a new term for our risk management practice: External Dependency Management. We will explore this new term in our guidance and better understand the requirements provided. This new term is a broader description of vendor management, service provider oversight, third party management and new requirements around customer risk management.
This session will discuss the following topics:
- Current regulatory Vendor Management landscape
- Integrating vendor management into the Information Security Program
- Risk assessing vendors
- New vendor or product Selection
- Ongoing vendor management
- Creating a DYNAMIC vendor management program
- Leveraging SOC reports for control understanding
- Integration of customer relationships into risk management process
Who should attend? Information security officer, IT manager, risk officer, internal auditor, and executives looking to understand the risk vendor relationships
Presented in partnership with GSB.
Hacker Hour webinars are a series of free webinars hosted by SBS CyberSecurity. Unlike paid webinars, Hacker Hours are aimed to meet on a monthly basis to discuss cybersecurity issues and trends in an open format. Attendees are encouraged to join the conversation and get their questions answered. SBS will also offer products and services to help financial institutions with these specific issues.