Date: September 23, 2020 and December 1, 2020
SBS Instructor: Jon Waldman, President - SBS Institute
Learn More: https://www.ohiobankersleague.com/
The OBL IT Forum returns to offer an ongoing platform for IT and cybersecurity professionals to discuss relevant topics and exchange ideas relating to the IT and cybersecurity within their organizations. As in the past, agendas are built by attending members of the forum.
The forum, facilitated by SBS CyberSecurity and Infotex – has been designed by SBS and the OBL along with operations and technology leaders from the community banking industry, to provide a mix of roundtable discussion with free exchange of ideas on issues that concern them most, as well as guided education and lecture from our friends at SBS and Infotex.
The OBL IT Forum will once again feature open forum discussion time for members, as well as an opportunity to attend managerial and technical sessions. The day will conclude with a general session to discuss lessons learned from the day and allow all to participate in a group-wide Q&A session. Please note, managerial sessions will feature topics related to the Management Information Security Program from the “security” side, while technical sessions will feature topics related to IT operations and implementation of technical networking controls.
- Discuss current industry challenges in a roundtable forum
- Form relationships with other IT and cybersecurity professionals
- Learn about hot-topic technology and cybersecurity issues affecting other community banks
- Discuss current and future technology and cybersecurity technologies, threats, and trends
- Break down the newest guidance from the FFIEC, other regulatory agencies, and other industry best practices
- Discuss ways to implement new technologies, guidance, and best practices in your program
- Answer questions about your most pressing IT and cybersecurity challenges
- Talk about cutting-edge industry technologies and concepts
- Take away real-world solutions to use in your own institutions
Hacker Hour webinars are a series of free webinars hosted by SBS CyberSecurity. Unlike paid webinars, Hacker Hours are aimed to meet on a monthly basis to discuss cybersecurity issues and trends in an open format. Attendees are encouraged to join the conversation and get their questions answered. SBS will also offer products and services to help financial institutions with these specific issues.