Date: Thursday, November 16, 2017
Time: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CT
SBS Presenter: Chad Knutson
Information security and cybersecurity issues continue to rapidly evolve in sophistication and occur with increased frequency. On a daily basis, we hear news about a data breach, dangerous strain of malware, innovative hacking or fraud schemes, and targeted efforts of organized crime groups. In fact, information security news has become so pervasive that it’s almost not even news anymore. But, that doesn’t mean new data breaches and security vulnerabilities are no longer affecting your institution. This session will provide detailed information on how to prevent the latest information security threats or mitigate the latest vulnerabilities.
What you will learn:
- ATM fraud
- Organized crime and cyber threat trends
- eAdvanced persistent threats
- Network compromises and data breaches
- New internet-based vulnerabilities
- Commercial Account Takeover and wire fraud
- Standards for protecting information systems (NIST, SANS, ISO)
- Advanced controls to mitigate risk (DLP, SIEM, App Whitelisting, Next Gen Firewalls, Network Segregation, Incident Response, Continual Monitoring, Forensics)
- How to tie standards and controls into your IT Risk Assessment and IT Audit Program
Who should attend? Information Security Officer, IT Manager, Risk Officer, Internal Auditor, Board members, or other management team members responsible for protecting the bank’s data
Presented in partnership with GSB.
Hacker Hour webinars are a series of free webinars hosted by SBS CyberSecurity. Unlike paid webinars, Hacker Hours are aimed to meet on a monthly basis to discuss cybersecurity issues and trends in an open format. Attendees are encouraged to join the conversation and get their questions answered. SBS will also offer products and services to help financial institutions with these specific issues.