The ever-increasing reliance on technology and the rate at which those technologies change make the inclusion of IT Audit essential to an effective overall Information Security Program. The SBS IT Audit is risk-based and tailored to the size and complexity of each individual organization, providing a personalized experience from start to finish. It is based on industry best practices and features the following:
- Focuses on how management determines the organization's risk exposure and how the risk is controlled or mitigated.
- Considers FFIEC Work Programs and current FIL’s for financial institutions.
- Covers governance, network cybersecurity, risk management, virtualization, ATM operations, identity theft/red flags, asset management, emergency preparedness, vendor management, electronic banking, and wireless networks
- Identifies areas of greatest IT risk exposure to the institution in order to focus audit resources.
- Promotes the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information systems.
- Determines the effectiveness of management’s planning and oversight of IT activities.
- Evaluates the adequacy of operating processes and internal controls.
- Determines the adequacy of enterprise-wide compliance efforts related to IT policies and internal control procedures.
- Recommends appropriate corrective action to address deficient internal controls. In many cases, we will provide management with examples or instructions to help resolve the recommendation.
- Comes with the TRAC™ Action Tracking module to assist institutions in automating their recommendation tracking.
- Provides an easy-to-read, management-ready report that outlines findings and recommendations to improve and mature your Information Security Program.
Download the IT Audit flyer to learn more.
✔ THE SBS ADVANTAGE
- An SBS auditor with knowledge of your environment will execute your audit and provide recommendations to mitigate the risks discovered.
- Following your audit our experienced consultants are available to provide expert guidance to help determine the most important and appropriate steps needed in addressing results.
- Take your audit to the next level and go beyond a checklist with a personalized, risk-based audit reviewing for compliance and adequacy.
- Easy-to-read, management-ready reports include audit results and recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Automate your remediation action plan with complimentary access to the TRAC™ Action Tracking module.
- SBS has created a propriety risk-based audit approach based on relevant guidance from FFIEC booklets/cybersecurity tools, Information Technology Risk Examination (InTREx) procedures, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) frameworks, Center of Internet Security (CIS) controls, Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards, current bulletins/FIL’s and SBS security experience.
"SBS is really good at what they do! Whether your business utilizes them for IT testing, auditing, or their incredible TRAC program, SBS receives an A+ from our bank. They have the tools and work ethic to ensure your exams go smoothly. SBS is simply as good as it gets!" - Andrew Schmidt, Farmers and Merchants State Bank