An SBS consultant can assure your well-structured Incident Response Plan (IRP) will help mitigate the negative effects of a security breach, as well as demonstrate to examiners that your organization is properly prepared to handle such an event.
Your consultant will:
- Work with you to create an IRP that will comply with IT regulator and FFIEC requirements; and will assist in responding to an unforeseen IT security incident.
- Ensure you have procedures in place to support the IRP, including a communication strategy on how you will inform customers of any security breach incidents, and a customer notification letter template.
- Mature your IRP based on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, including Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, and Recover.
- Provide a mock scenario that will allow your institution to properly follow and test your IRP.
- Review the results of the mock scenario test with you and provide a full report including the strengths and weaknesses of the current plan and recommendations for improving the process.
Get certified! Become an expert in responding to incidents and minimizing losses with the Certified Banking Incident Handler course.
Looking for an automated approach to Incident Response? Check out TRAC™!
✔ The SBS Advantage
- Work toward faster incident detection by identifying key risk indicators of compromise.
- Have confidence in your organization's ability to handle an emergency by allowing an industry expert to assist in your planning.
- Test your program and receive guidance to ensure your processes run smoothly.
- Demonstrate a well-managed program, including all proper documentation.