An SBS consultant can assure your well-structured Incident Response Plan (IRP) will help mitigate the negative effects of a security breach, as well as demonstrate to examiners that your organization is properly prepared to handle such an event.
Your consultant will:
- Work with you to create an IRP that will comply with IT regulator and FFIEC requirements; and will assist in responding to an unforeseen IT security incident.
- Ensure you have procedures in place to support the IRP, including a communication strategy on how you will inform customers of any security breach incidents, and a customer notification letter template.
- Mature your IRP based on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, including Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, and Recover.
- Provide a mock scenario that will allow your institution to properly follow and test your IRP.
- Review the results of the mock scenario test with you and provide a full report including the strengths and weaknesses of the current plan and recommendations for improving the process.
✔ The SBS Advantage
- Work toward faster incident detection by identifying key risk indicators of compromise.
- Have confidence in your organization's ability to handle an emergency by allowing an industry expert assist in your planning.
- Test your program and receive guidance to ensure your processes run smoothly.
- Demonstrate a well-managed program, including all proper documentation.